Friday, October 3, 2008

And a New Cycle Begins!

AF reared her ugly head yesterday -- one of the very few times I am actually happy to see her! This means that my new cycle has begun and I am that much closer to getting this show on the road.

I'm usually like clockwork. 28 days on the nose. But this time she has thrown me into a tailspin arriving 4 days early -- and making tomorrow the day for my day 3 bloodwork. It had to be Saturday of all days! What else would I expect? But thankfully my local clinic can squeeze us in for a weekend appointment, so we're all set! Except for the fact that we can't ship my blood over the weekend (yes, that's right, we will have to take and ship my blood directly to the CCRM lab), so that will have to wait until Monday. But that is another story!

In the mean time, we've sent a laundry list of questions to CCRM (our poor nurse will want to kill herself when she gets it) asking about what this means for potential start dates, and whether I should begin birth control pills on day five or if we are going to have to wait until the next cycle. I won't bore you with the details, but the long and short of it is we are trying to get our IVF cycle done prior to Christmas, which puts us on a very tight deadline.

So our weekend is lining up to be quite a treat. It gets kicked off with bloodwork on Saturday, followed by all kinds of fun fertility related events including grocery shopping for all the right foods, and is topped off with a night of financial planning and budgeting.

Stay tuned...

Coming up next: Day 3 Bloodwork -- Playing Chemist!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just wanted to say I've read lots of infertility blogs out there and yours in the one the most hits home. Thanks for documenting what so many of us are feeling. I keep sending your clips to my husband and he always says you sound like one cool chick.

Anonymous said...

Thanks, my hubby thinks so too ;)

Glad you're enjoying the blog. There is so much that is unsaid about infertility, and I've just decided it's time to tell it like it is. We all deal with so much on a daily basis, and there's no point in trying to pretend this isn't hell on earth for every single one of us.

I hope you get your BFP soon!! Keep me posted, and Guck Luck!

Nikki said...

Yay for AF showing! I'm waiting for AF here - no signs yet! I too need to get my CD3 blood drawn and sent to CCRM.

Good luck to you - let us know what the nurse responds with. I hope you can get started on your BCP and cycle right away!