Sunday, November 2, 2008

Supression Check -- Take Three

Well, they say the third time is the charm, and what do you know...

They are right!!!

I passed my suppression check today with flying colors.

The ultra sound showed no cysts. I have a resting antral follicle count of 21. And the uterus lining looks great. They drew my blood and measured my levels. The nurse said my E2 was less than 20 (they like to see it less than 50), and my progesterone was 0.2 (they like to see it less than 1).

Which means we FINALLY start stims tomorrow!

You think this news would have made me jump for joy, but after I got the call I burst into tears. Yes, IVF makes us crazy. The highs and the lows come at the craziest times. I suppose it could be the drugs throwing my emotions into a state of craziness. But I think it's more than that. I think just knowing that I'm finally going to start, and this is it -- our last chance, brought up a fear I wasn't prepared for. All of this is finally happening. And after almost 4 years of trying to have a baby every single day -- this will all be over in a few weeks. I mean, I'm happy that I'm coming to the end of this road, god knows we need to get on with our life, but the pressure for this to work is higher than anything I've ever experienced.

Thankfully I have a wonderful husband to help remind me that this time is going to be different. This is going to be the one. The third time is going to be the charm.

And CCRM is going to be our miracle.

I will keep repeating this over and over as I gear up to start my stim meds tomorrow and hopefully grow lots of healthy follicles!

Please please please

5 comments:

Nikki said...

Oh wow! I'm so relieved for you! Yay that you get to start your stims!

CCRM IS going to be your miracle. Just keep your eyes on that!

Good luck! I can't wait to hear how things go!

DAVs said...

I'm glad you can finally get started! And I'm hoping CCRM is your miracle :)

Anonymous said...

All the best!

Linda said...

That is GREAT news!!! You can finally get the show on the road. Yay for getting to start your stims! I'm like you in thinking that the 3rd time WILL be a charm...for both of us!! :) Woo-hoo!

Josée Martens said...

Congrats. THis is a HUGE MILESTONE! I failed this step last round. I am only a couple of weeks behind you. GO LISA GO!!!!

Happy Stimming!